COSWB Eats was a project developed by the 2013/2014 board.
Alright, who wouldn’t fall in love with this neapolitan ice cream smoothie (but are actual superfruits in disguise)? It not only has zero added sugar or oil, but is also 100% vegan and an absolute guilt-free treat.
Inspired by the recipe by LoveHealthFitness, an awesome Youtuber who has lost 100lbs through healthy eating and fitness, we can’t wait to show you guys our take on this super tasty yet ridiculously simple recipe packed with all kinds of superfoods & nutrients!Ingredients:
3/4 cups of plain almond milk
1 large ripe banana chopped and frozen (the more ripe the sweeter!)
1 cup of strawberries
1 table spoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
2 table spoons of chia seeds
1 table spoon of non-fat greek yogurt (optional)
1. For strawberry layer: put 1/2 of a frozen banana (chopped), 1 cup of strawberries, and 1 table spoon of greek yogurt (optional) in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Stir in 2 table spoons of chia seeds.
3. For chocolate layer: put 1/2 of a frozen banana (chopped) and 2 table spoons of unsweetened cocoa powder in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour the chocolate layer on top of the strawberry layer.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes until chia seeds become thick and gel-like.
6. Sprinkle with almonds, banana slices or granola before serving; be creative and enjoy this guilt-free and tasty summer treat!